Synthesis of 25B-NBOME from benzaldehydes with nitromethane

Sue

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Guess i'm just talking to myself but seems it would be easier to reduce the nitrostyrene strait to the 2,5 MO-PEA with Zn & HCl...

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
No, you cannot miss one step, having received an unsaturated substance or lose yield. Acetic acid with zinc in anhydrous conditions can work better. If only you do not take anhydrous HCl acid.

Sue

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Thank you will have to try using acidic acid in place of hydrochloride and see how it works...

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
You arnt talking to yourself at all. This is very interesting article to me and one I’m gathering my supplies to try. I love the idea of having such a powerful psychedelic! I’d never be irresponsible with it and try to pass it of as acid - that’s what ruined these drugs in my opinion. It changed people’s outlook on the nbomes when people started dying because the press only want a salacious story!
I personally ALWAYS dosed them responsibly and found them to be good psychedelics! Also having 2cb in the first place would be lovely, let’s face it. I may have to buy 1/2kg of 2,5-dmo benzaldehyde. (Literally because I can’t find anyone I trust to sell me less than that!). There are so many diff things you can make with 2,5-dmo benzaldehyde though so even though there are more steps to the final product I’m after, than if I bought tryptamine, the fact is - there isn’t as much you can make with tryptamine that interests me as much as the phenethylamines - due to tollerence reasons, I prefer highly psychedelic phenethylamines, over tryptamines (in general - there are a few outliars tho).
Gotta love alibaba…

Sue

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Try reading it may interst you?
SYNTHESIS OF N-(HALOGENATED) BENZYL ANALOGS OF SUPERPOTENT SEROTONIN LIGANDS
J. Chil. Chem. Soc., 59, Nº 3 (2014)

In 2003, preliminary explorations led to the conclusion that N-2-
methoxybenzyl substitution, not only of phenylethylamines but also
phenylisopropylamines, tryptamines and 3-(2-aminoethyl)-(1H,3H)
quinazoline-2,4-diones related to the typical 5-HT2 receptor antagonist
ketanserin, results in particularly high affinities for 5-HT2A receptors.5

Everyone I know loves 25I over 25B and 25C it is a great psychedelic and easy on the mind...

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
think I may have heard about this paper, I’ll have a look….

i know the chem is way over my head for the moment, in a practical sense.

I’m still trying to reduce the 3,4,5-TMONS I have made to the corresponding PEA. Iv managed it once in real bad yields via the NaBH4/CuCl2 method but not enough to use yet. I have a few different nitrostyrene’s/nitropropene’s building up in my sample collection at the mo, I figured id work with the one I have most of until I get it right!

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Yeah. May take another year tho 😂

tripeep

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting 2-methoxybenzaldehyde for step 4, can it be replaced with 4-methoxybenzaldehyde or is there a recommendation for another compound?

tripeep

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
@WillD Hello sir, I'm having trouble getting 2-methoxybenzaldehyde for step 4, can it be replaced with 4-methoxybenzaldehyde or is there a recommendation for another compound?