Question Shake And Bake (meth) new experiment

Alper192535

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇹🇷
Reaction score
for the shake and bake method instead of lithium and sodium metal How is the electronic current giving event, how many volts with which mine?

if we solve this We won't need to use lithium and sodium metal, my friends.

Attachments

• 3dZSMY8LGk.png
    3dZSMY8LGk.png
    684.7 KB · Views: 259
  • ANefFcR3bo.png
    ANefFcR3bo.png
    511.1 KB · Views: 241

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I mean... The anode and cathode are going to be some kind of metal that is sacrificial. The net gain is nothing but if it is what you have access to, then that's what you should do

Alper192535

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇹🇷
Reaction score
instead of anode cathode can we use silver how much voltage do we need to supply

Does it need to be tanned with current? ammonium sulfate methanol Sodium hydroxide will i use the content

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Advanced Techniques Of Clandestine Psychedelic & Amphetamine Manufacture by Uncle Fester Chapter 12 "An Electric Variation On The Birch Reduction"

But what if getting a hold of alkali metals isn't the problem? What if you wanted to cut out ammonia instead? Ammonia *****ing stinks. Don't worry: https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/985409

Also the anode and cathode don't need to be metal

Alper192535

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇹🇷
Reaction score
instead of anode cathode can we use silver how much voltage do we need to supply

Does it need to be tanned with current? ammonium sulfate methanol Sodium hydroxide will i use the content

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Fester says "With the ingredients in the pot, it's time to pass DC current
through the solution. It takes a lot of voltage to pass current
through liquid ammonia, about 90 volts. The most convenient
source of this much voltage is a DC arc welder. "

An arc welder isn't the best way to get high DC. Turkey has normal 220-240v mains use that with a capacitor-smoothed bridge rectifier circuit. 4 mains rated diodes and a capacitor is all thats needed. DC output would be 63% of mains AC, so about 140V which is plenty. Use a potentiometer to control voltage

Alper192535

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇹🇷
Reaction score
I have a device that will give every voltage I can give the volt I want

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
One would think it would need to conduct electricity 🤔 so.... I guess I'm going to Google conductors that are not metal because I'm drawing a blank. Probably should have slept yesterday 😕

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Electrolytes include calcium potassium magnesium hydrochloride, uhh sodium. Those metal bits you put in the solvent are electrodes. I was under the impression that often they need to be specific to the reaction. Granted I never even considered electrolysis as a reaction

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
The electrolyte isn't a metal and the ions don't have to contain metals either, hydrogen carbonate for example is an electrolyte. Sulfuric acid is most famously one. There are organic electrolytes that are plastics. The electrodes don't have to be metal either.A lot of things conduct electricity hence the whole semiconductor industry.

Electrode material is usually specific to the ions it'll have to deal with since some just get destroyed other considerations can be surface area in bulk electrolysis, efficiency and price. Electrolysis is usually 2 reactions one at each electrode

hirozaru

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I truly like the way you think... fighting with Lithium batteries is a pain... setting up a lab with Electrodes is the perfect idea.
We can electrolyze NaCl to collect HCl, and reuse that Hcl to make the MA Salt.
Huge bonus being able to replace Lithium here.

Thanks for the idea. I hope we can collaborate, although you are way ahead of me.