Reaction score
Deals
It’s cheaper to buy then to actually make

lamer

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I found such a source, but I'm not sure if it's accurate and I don't have the necessary measurements.

1. Pregabalin, also known as β-isobutyl-γ-Aminobutyric acid or Lyrica, is a medication used to treat epilepsy, neuropathic pain, anxiety disorders, and fibromyalgia.

2. The synthesis of pregabalin involves several steps starting from 4-methyl-2-pentanone. Here's a brief overview of the synthesis process:

3. Conversion of 4-methyl-2-pentanone to 4-methylvalerophenone: In this step, 4-methyl-2-pentanone is treated with ethylmagnesium bromide to yield 4-methylvalerophenone.
  4. Formation of enamine: The 4-methylvalerophenone is reacted with cyclohexanone in the presence of base to form an enamine intermediate.
  5. Alkylation: The enamine intermediate is alkylated with bromoacetic acid in the presence of base to form the key intermediate, 3-(2-bromoacetyl)-4-methylvalerophenone.
  6. Cyclization: The key intermediate is cyclized with ammonia to form 3-(aminomethyl)-5-methyl-hexanoic acid, which is then converted to pregabalin by subsequent steps involving protection and deprotection of amino groups.

7. The complete synthesis reaction can be represented as follows:

8. Step 1: 4-methyl-2-pentanone + Ethylmagnesium bromide → 4-methylvalerophenone

9. Step 2: 4-methylvalerophenone + Cyclohexanone + Base → Enamine intermediate

10. Step 3: Enamine intermediate + Bromoacetic acid + Base → Key intermediate (3-(2-bromoacetyl)-4-methylvalerophenone)

11. Step 4: Key intermediate + Ammonia + Protection/deprotection steps → Pregabalin

bigrob

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
some them material are quite expensive u can pick up a kg here for very cheap i would look into other avenues instead of synthesising this