Mephedrone (4-MMC) Synthesis [2B4M, Etyhyl Acetate, Methylamine HCl]

WalterFan

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
May I have a question about the ma.HCI part ? I’ve watched your post about adding ma.HCI directly into the mixture, and I also try it once recently, I have a problem when I dissolved the 2b4m in solvent, should I followed with NaOH + water and start stirring, then adding MA.HCI immediately with small portions? If I didn’t misunderstand it, the whole mixture would turn dark after adding NaOH water, it’s happening before any MA.HCI followed, because it was what happened during my synthesis, so am I did anything wrong ? Or it is normal ? Best regards

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
yes exactly as in description
plaese type steps what you exactly did like in my topic
do the same

WalterFan

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
First of all, I use benzene 1 L to dissolve 500g of 2b4m, and it can’t dissolve completely at the beginning, so I heat it up a little until it dissolves, after that, the solution is warm but not boiling. I used 10L round bottom flask

2. I prepare the NaOH aq solution (300g of NaOH and 600ml water, just enough to dissolve it), I let it cool to room temperature, then I add it to the part 1 solution. Right after I add it at once, some deep brown oil coming up, then I start the stirring, the whole thing turns to brown and release some smoke ( just little), then I measure the temperature immediately, it is around 40-45 degrees. And I never stop the stirring.

3. I prepare 400g of MA.HCI, I added it in very small portions, around 10-20g each time, it took me around 2 hours to finish, because I keep the temperature around 45. And I can see the bottom has NaCI keeps piling up, and has some bubbles coming from bottom too. After I added all the MA.HCI, I keep stirring until it temperature drops itself.

4. I filter the NaCI out, and I wash it with water Twice, the whole solvent is still dark, then I proceed to acidification with 5:1 acetone and HCI until ph5, drop wise with needle. But still dark.

I afraid I was done something wrong, in fact, as long as I texting this reply, that dark solution is currently sit in my fridge for 3-4 hours already. I’m really seeking help about it, I pray I could have some result tomorrow, best regards.

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
1st put that into freezer for 12h, maybe you will get something out of it :)
Why use benzene? cant get other solvents?
why that proportions. Did you read before adding it or what was the rason of such amounts 200 ml solvent 100g 2b4m, and methylamine in suchproportions. Why?
I can only guess, but probably 2b4m wasnt fully dissolvedor temp was already too high. Never happened to me to turn out dark in the start. There canbe other factors as well. Temperature was high there could be some reaction with benzene and NaOH.
For future, if youwanna to change soemthing just 1st check, it will avoidmistakes.
I suggest you just simply go for ethyl acetate and just keep the proportions ok?
now just as isaid in the start, put into freezer for 12ha nd go filtration aftert that, maybe youwill receive some of product, youcanshowme later what you have.

WalterFan

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I used benzene is because I saw another synthesis can apply it as solvent, and ethyl acetate is ban in my city; about the ratio of methylamine is because I watched another article about 1 mole of 2b4m combine 1 mole of methylamine can form 1 mole of 4-mmc, but what I have is MA.HCI, so 400g of MA.HCI is contained 200g around MA, in considering my poor cooling condition, so i decided to use 2 times amount of methylamine for 500g 2b4m.

im really thankful for your reply, I get back to you later, I hope I can get something out of it too

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
Use more solvent next time, it will be easier to maintain temperature, and check it whats actual temp to control its situation. You can use water bath as well.

probably you will get a lot of impurities, so 1st make it dry then use acetone with slowly fitlration, maybe you will still get something out

c01db100d_india_mephedron

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Cas no. ?
  1. HYDROCHLORIC ACID 2M/2N
  2. Hydrochloric acid 33%
  3. HCL N10
Which one ?

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
for what purpose

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
you mentoinfor acidificicationprobably :) then hcl aq

TucoSalamanca.

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇹🇷
Reaction score
----mephedrone synthesis---
10g bk4
50ml ethyl acetate
200mlh2o
10g naoh 20mlh2o2
15gr methylamine
70ml cold acetone
5-7ml hcl acid
3x30ml h2o
Is my calculation correct? I will start with this amount.

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
20 ml h2o for NaOH

hcl and acetone (if used for purifying ) depends

View previous replies…

TucoSalamanca.

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇹🇷
Reaction score
I think 6ml of hcl acid and 70ml of cold acetone will be enough for purity.

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
AS I SAID it depends
you use acetone 1;1 freebase remaining and hcl until ph 5-6 :)
you use acetone afetr left from freezer if its not white