Question How to purify 4-MMC

Neozion420

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I’m looking to make 4-mmc but I want it to be as pure as possible so once I make my 4-MMC that will surely have impurities how would I go about purifying and or recrystallizing it. I wouldn’t want to take or sell anything that isn’t top quality just to be safe. Thank you.

dnBQByvHb8Zkawbjpx

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
There are articles about that, you should start by reading them and the discussion underneath.

DragonLabz

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇳🇱
Reaction score
Deals
Wash it with aceton and recystallize :)

dnBQByvHb8Zkawbjpx

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
What would be the most effective technique to do that? I've seen videos where acetone was poured over powder/crystal on Buchner filter and immediately filtered away. I've also seen someone in a discussion suggest to stir 4-MMC powder with acetone in a jar/beaker to better dissolve impurities before the filtration. Would shaking the powder with acetone in a closed jar be the best way as the most aggressive form of stirring?

View previous replies…

DragonLabz

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇳🇱
Reaction score
Deals
Pm us and we will help you !

Neozion420

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
In the Buchner filter should I pour in the acetone and stir it around to help dissolve impurities before each vacuum? Also should the acetone be cold if so how cold freezer or fridge cold? Thank you

Neozion420

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I also plan to do a recrystallization after all this just to have the most pure product possible but I want to get most impurities out before this just to be safe.