618.2 KB · Views: 39

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
Hey :) I would like to suggest (a bit easier way) to just go straight already brominated product 2b4m, you can buy that from China or from local vendor.
Do you have exhaust? Its very important. Its bromine what you will deal with, if you wont be prepared you will face harm
If you have 3m mask please buy ABKFG (or something like that - name) filters, they are for amonia and acids.
If you wanna start by glassware, you need clamps and some rods as well, spare beakers (they break often). Roundf bottom flask + spare one (preferably with multi necks, to install thermometer and condenser if its necesarry).
Bearkers + thermometers its always better to have as spare parts :)
50ml, 250, 400-500 ml, 1000 ml is good set.
50ml for measuring acids (if you choice 100g 4bk batches)
250 for MA 40 % aq if you decide that way
400-500 for solvent, and 1000 will be in fridge in the final
It was my way

Otherwise funnel separator is helpful to separate layers, rest can be done in bottle or in roundbottom flask and slowly add more glass to collection once you will feel a need. In general you can do 4mmc without glass. Focus on exhaust, a 50 euros made from PP vent will do its work, just make sure its PP material, its resistant (at least PP)

however why did you choice this way? I mean, why you wanna brominate 4MP. It will be easier for 1st time if you use ready made as I said below. Then you will need less effort, it will be more "punishing mistakes" if some happen.
You can do called " shake and bake" all you need is disolve 4 bk (2b4m) in non polar solvent, like toulene, etyhyl acetate depending what are simple way to buy it, another step is pouring MA 40% into that, if you have heated stirrer it can be performed the same day, if not - you can shake it some times a day and after 24-48h (if you choice toulen for example - but its sticky and I dont like it personally). Then you use funnel separator to successfully acidify after. You should get thermometer too to check what temperatures your freezer provides, you will need to store acetone there and 4mmc after acidification :)

Last edited:

Kiteretsu_D

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Can you help me when I'll get all the stuff ?

View previous replies…

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
My knowledge is restricted, but I believe I can help you with toulene :) i successfully achievie clean product anytime
Toptech-coco i recommend seller of 4bk (2b4m) he has listing in reagents

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
But I believe i tried to do the same thing, to equip myself on bromination synthesis, after I contacted experts becasuye i had some uqestions we performed different start, but 1st you need to have place to perform, exhaust fan as well.
and if you dont believe its really needed, buy ma 40% aq and open it to see what will happen :)

Kiteretsu_D

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Yes I've one genric exhaust fan, I'm going to perform this in my house, there some space behind of my room, that is Fully packed with wall from all 4 side but there 1.5 feet long empty space on the roof ( this is installed there ) i will fit my exhaust fan there

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
Yes we can talk in the priv
You need for sure to have it sealed, you can perform simple consutrcion from garden foil, or buy a cannabis grow tent, it must be sealed, you cant escape these fumes. For 2x2 space I use 530 m3h vent and its sometimes they can escape - a MA40% 200ml when its poured into flask for example, but correct instal of vent channels just above the flask will do its job.

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
Will do its job. btw when you paste links for clearnet, you can just copy 1st phase of link like https://www.amazon.in/Almonard-Heavy-Single-Phase-Exhaust/dp/B06W5GWSMW
the rest of the link is tracking things etc, its good to not paste rest in the sties like that they can see it and lot of more :)
you can install some plugins into browser that will do it automaticly
I Believe the best way tro see if vent is ok that you dont notice any smell outside working after you use a MA 40% that has most of smell, outside your space :)

Kiteretsu_D

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Is it that bad? The smell? I hope my neighbours won't get irritated because like we share wall to wall _|_ like this and one of their family members sleeps on the roof, is there any way i can stop the smell or make it less effective

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
Yes it is very bad. IF you buy pressure vent and will put its hose into bucket with water then in the up of water another vent which ccarbon filter you will filter the smells. Its called two step vent.

Kiteretsu_D

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Can i use air freshener or something like that to kill the smell? Or something cheap to kill the smell?

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
Its not expensive but you need to build urself./ Listen:
1st stage is pressure vent that will get fumes out of reaction flask
2. then fumes are transported into water tank
3. above water tank there is carbon tilter.
4. out of that its normal vent thats outside vented.

Kiteretsu_D

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Look like lot of work and still I've to invest some money in it, i don't have right now, I'm going for a very small batch, the chemical smell still would be very bad?

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
you need a pressure equalizing dropping funnel for HBr or Br2