Question Two questions

Cian

Don't buy from me
Language
🇪🇸
Reaction score
Hello good day. I have two questions. The first is to consult with an expert, regarding the methods of extracting Ephedrine from pills. I am not sure that the methods described on this website can work for the pills I have. I have a list of excipients that my pills have (I have about 300 pills with 50 mg of ephedrine hydrochloride each). The excipients are:
-Microcrystalline cellulose.
-Talc
- Magnesium stearate
- Sodium carboxymethyl starch (type A).
With this composition, which method would be more convenient to extract the hydrochloride of Ephedrine? .

A second question concerns a problem I have had with a 2000ml flat-bottomed flask with two necks. The flask was dirty and the mouths had residue of the reaction of the aluminum amalgam. I covered one of the mouths with a glass plug and when I tried to remove the plug it had stuck and I couldn't get it out. What can I do to remove this glass stopper without damaging the flask? Greetings and thank you.

The-Hive

Moderator in UK section
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
there’s a thread on extracting ephedrine from pills 😃

second rinse the neck in hot water for a bit should come lose

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Run hot water right on the joint and put it in the freezer. Tomorrow it'll fall apart 1 drop of water freezing on the ground section can exert more force than a car jack. Sodium carbomethoxy strch is a white powder that dissolves in rt water and absorbs a shitload of it and making a nice stable emulsion that will ***** your attempt up. That's the culprit. It turns to gel in water

Cian

Don't buy from me
Language
🇪🇸
Reaction score
Good morning. I would like to know if there is a specific way to remove carboxymethyl starch or to prevent it from spoiling the reaction. There are different methods described for extracting ephedrine. The pills have different scipients depending on the pharmaceutical brand, although some coincide. The ephedrine extraction system is about the same in general for most pills ? or does it vary for different excipients?
The steam jet extraction method works for the excipients in my pills ?.

The question about how to remove a glass stopper stuck in a flask with reaction residue, I have tried it with hot water, soap, it has not worked well for me.
I will try the freezer method but it may happen that the glass will break and ruin my flask.
Thank you very much for your help. Best regards.