resolution

johski

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
hey good morning people
Does anyone here happen to know about isomerism and racemate splitting/separation?
I would like to separate existing racemic methamphetamine (d- and l-isomer) so that I only have the d-meth isomer available.
Unfortunately, I find relatively little, too little... so I'll try my luck with you guys.
supposedly it should work with d-tartaric acid, but how?
would be great if someone could help me and maybe has a guide? or a link to a guide?

thank you in advance

I wish you a nice day

greeting

johski

Curiousonion

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score

Resolution of racemic Methamphetamine​

85 parts of racemic methamphetamine are introduced into a solution of 100 parts of d-tartaric acid in 1000 parts of methyl alcohol. After protracted standing about 100 parts of the precipitated salt are aspirated off and extracted with hot ethyl alcohol. Since the d-tartrate of dextrorotary methamphetamine is readily soluble in both methyl and ethyl alcohol whereas the d-tartrate of levorotary methamphetamine is sparingly soluble both in methyl alcohol and hot ethyl alcohol an extremely simple separation of the d-tartrates of the optical antipodes of the base is effected.

johski

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
thanks, and how is the yield?

Curiousonion

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Usually people do it repeatedly until all the d isomer is separated. The more times you do it the more you can separate.

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello, you can find manual in this article. The procedure is the same for meth. Good luck.