Novel tryptamines….

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Okay so I’m sure some people are aware iv been making,n-DMT and other tryptamines using reductive amination at cold temps…
so I’m wondering, seeing as there are so many things based on the 2,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde, I’m curious what if you were to use that as the source of aldehyde in this reaction?
i also wondered the same of cyclohexanone but as a ketone of course…

so with the former would you hypothetically obtain something like 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methyltryptamine? Would this be active?

how about n-cyclohexyltryptamine?

are any of these likely to be active at all? I need to try and do more general reading on structure activity relationships, which is my plan over the weekend on a couple subjects, this being one of them….

I guess it just got me thinking….

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Am I being mental? I’m surprised no one has chimed in here….are most chemists here doing am-her and stuff?

DavidNichols

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Piperidine derivatives of tryptamines serve no purpose. Loss of potency and no distinctive effects.
You mismatch tryptamine nomenclature and phenethylamine.

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Yeah apologies about this. I wrote this a while ago before I’d actually started looking into PEA chemistry.

Iv definitely heard of 5-MEO-pyrolidinetryptamine and I believe a fluorinated one as well that came out the Nichols lab. I mean, it doesn’t sound pleasant really but is an interesting one that I believe someone ended up being found naked on campus after ingesting some of the 5-Meo-pyr-tryptamine, at the Nichols lab.
They really have made A LOT of interesting stuff there - was it not also Nichols who came up with the whole idea and chemistry for a lot of the n-benzylphenethylamine’s as well?

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Well I made several that have superpotent radiolabeled ligand displacement behavior but this is in between my own self that didn't have enough so far (too much would be scary) and independently by the Prof. Nichols the one from the picture above and a handful of people inside a research department of a university or so it was back then...

DavidNichols

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Would it be okay for you to provide any anonymous firsthand insights on cyclobutane-based and azetidine-substitute ones?