Distill small amounts of solvents using what you have in your kitchen right now

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
This method I first used 20 years ago to distill wayer for an experiment. I've used this method at least 20 times over the years, it requires no special tools or advanced knowledge. It isn't a production method, but if you need 20 ml of acetone and what you have is fingernail polish remover, you should have this in your arsenal.
XEHri4Akv7

I chose this picture because it was the most accurate representation I saw in a search. It says water but this will work for many solvents solvent in the bottom of the pot. SOMETHING to hold a catch cup out of the solvent. If it we in the solvent it would evaporate out of the cup so it should be elevated. The lod to the pot, turned upside down. Ice in the lid to cool the vapor and condense ot to liquid that flows towards the lowest place , the center of the lid. Amtukey master or hose. Something to remove water from the lid, so you can replace it with ice as it melts.
That's it, when younare getting goodnsteam/vapors, that's hot enough if you blast the heat it'll just make it harder. A glass lid is ideal so you can see how much you've collected without disassembling it.heatnitnup add ice to the top, periodically remove the water from the invertednlid and replace with more ice. When you've collect what you want, take it apart and there younhavenit, or pour it in a flask and repeat until you've reached your goal. You can distill enough acetone to clean a gram of cocaine or meth in 15 minutes. Your habit will thank you